In cooperation with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine and regulatory authorities, the non-governmental organization SaveDnipro has developed a new tool which shortens the path from identifying to fixing the problems—‘Pollution Complaints’. The new features of the environmental chatbot SaveEcoBot are available in Telegram and Rakuten Viber.
If you notice excessive air, water, or soil pollution as well as waste or noise pollution, you can now generate a complaint in a few clicks using a template which takes into account all of the formalities and sends it to the relevant authority:
- The State Environmental Inspectorate of Ukraine
- The State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection
- Local authorities (regional state administrations and regional councils)
To confirm your complaint, you can also attach a photo of the environmental violation in the chatbot.
The templates take into account the following requirements:
- To conduct a scene survey and/or a state inspection (control) of a business entity without notice in order to identify and measure the negative impact on human health, certain types of natural resources, and the environment as a whole.
- To impose fines, compensate for damages, place restrictions, disallow temporarily (suspend) or close enterprises, institutions, and organizations, bring perpetrators to justice according to legislation if those who violate environmental, health, or other laws are found.
- To take some measures to improve the environmental conditions and eliminate the excessive pollution factors and more.
You can now help tackle environmental issues right from your smartphone—anywhere and anytime!
The chatbot SaveEcoBot helps monitor air quality and makes it easier for the public to take part in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process by providing the comment and suggestion templates being agreed with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine.
The chatbot also gives information about how much the natural monopolies and subsoil renters paid in environmental taxes as well as any relevant inspections at the enterprises and their results in addition to the pollutants’ permits, licenses, and tax arrears.
You can sign up for the following notifications:
- Exceedances of air quality limit values
- Licensing procedures in a given region
- Information about a certain business entity
In addition to the chatbot, SaveEcoBot offers the pollution map which shows the real-time air quality status in Ukraine. The map has the following layers: air quality indices, instant data on fine dust, gases, and radiation background, and tier 1 polluting enterprises, webcams, winds, and fires.
As of 15 February 2021, 1.4 million people in 15 countries joined SaveEcoBot.
- Visit the SaveEcoBot’s website